Saturday, May 8, 2010

Go Lights, Go Sound

Well, yesterday was quite a day getting ready for the first night of OYSP's Spring Recital: the Company Showcase. I was running around like a crazy person and then to top it all off, I got all the way to the Classic Center and realized I had forgotten Justin Bieber. I left him at the studio! So then I had to turn around and go get him since he was the star of the show... or at least the Debut tap number... or at least his poster was.

It all worked out though, and I was actually able to watch the show last night. Normally I am relegated to basement to be the prison warden... I mean dressing room nazi... I mean dressing room coordinator.

I am constantly amazed at how talented the OYSP kids are. They are all such amazing performers and always put on an incredible show. Terra's piece, Come Home, was incredible and of course I cried like a baby... only silent. A silent baby. And of course, Blake's Astronaut piece, my personal favorite, was fierce. I was so excited to see all the non-competition pieces and really enjoyedthe JRC Ballet piece and of course Justin Bieber featuring Debut tap.



Freak Flag was fabulous! Those kids worked it out!

Tonight is the next installment of Spring Showcase... one down, two to go. Fingers crossed that everyone will show up and have all their costumes.

On a completely different note... CONGRATULATIONS to all of this years graduates! You made it and you're done, unlike us poor saps graduating in the fall. A special nod to A.C. Carter and Sarah Ketchie from UGA. Love you guys! And of course my sister Jo from UNC Chapel Hill. I wish I could be there. Have a drink on me tomorrow!

Over and Out!

1 comment:

  1. oh Lucy....I will definitely be an avid follower of your blog :) you are awesome!!! Love you, chicka! And WOO HOO for the Bieber shout out! That dance was pretty fabulous...those girls worked it out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete