Thursday, May 6, 2010

And so it is...

And so it is... on this Thursday morning that I, Lucy Catharine (didn't know that was my middle name did you?) Haskill will blog. That's right, blog... or at least attempt some semblance of a blog post. I can't promise anything special. After finishing my last final moments ago, the creative juices are a little drained BUT I was struck with the sudden urge to create a blog so here we are!

I can't promise it will be anything special, but I hope it will be somewhat intriguing (at least for those of you that know me or for those of you easily intrigued) and maybe a tinsy bit humorous.

Also, I can't promise that I will post something every minute of every hour of every... well, you get the point. I figured that since I am appallingly incapable of staying in touch with friends and relatives not in my immediate vicinity, that this would be a great way to let them know what's going on in my life.

"I figured" is a decidedly southern phrase, is it not?

This may be the longest blog post I ever write, but I think it's best to put it all out there up front so there are no surprises or expectation violations later on. And sometimes I get a little carried away, but I am also easily distracted so who knows?

For those of you that don't know me or are thinking "What the...?!" here is a brief synopsis of my life so far:

My name is (see above) and I was born in Athens, GA on November 30th 1987. That makes me 22 yrs old for those whose math skills are a little rusty. I attend the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!) and will graduate this Fall (hopefully) with a B.S. in Speech Communications. I'm currently the Office Manager at the Oconee Youth School of Performance and just found out that I will be moving to L.A. or New York to attend the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. I love acting and theater and am currently involved with Town & Gown's production of Carousel.
I love: movies, great food, football, nature, singing, traveling, VEGAS!, animals, and good books. I don't like: Spiders, sushi (collective gasp), humidity, traffic and/or bad drivers, bad sports fans, and Ugh boots (Freudian slip).

Whew, threw a lot at you just then. I promise never to do that again. Like I said, this may be the longest post I ever write.

To the good stuff... I have just completed my last final of Spring semester 2010 at UGA and though I may not have done my absolute best or even the best I could... I did what I did and I'm just so darn grateful to be done. Now if I can just make it through the weekend and OYSP's Spring Showcase (or as we veterans like to call it, Recital) I will have officially survived another year. You know, now that I think about it... college finals are not compatible with 60 hour work weeks. But you sure do fine tune those time management, or what I like to call procrastination, skills.

Now that I've overwhelmed you with more information than you need, I think it's back to bed for a few hours before work. I doubt anyone will ever read this... but if someone, somewhere, somehow does. I will post again... soon. Signing off!

Note: I apologize for incorrect grammar, spelling, or word use but, then again, it's my blog and I can do what I want.

1 comment:

  1. So excited about your blog! I will definitely be a reader, so keep it coming! Aaaaaand I did not know the move to LA/NYC was a sure thing! Do you know when?? It makes me sad to think of you leaving, but I know it will be such a good thing for you. See you at Carousel!!! Great work this weekend.

    ReplyDelete