Saturday, June 5, 2010

Another Opening, Another Show


Last night was the opening night performance of Town & Gown's production of Rodger's & Hammerstein's Carousel, and I have to say, I think it was a smashing success. I can't even begin to describe how much fun this show as been. It has been an honor and a pleasure working with such wonderful, talented people. I'm so glad to have had the experience of doing a show at Town & Gown. Course, they did feed us and throw one helluva party! The low-country boil at the reception was incredible, although some of us may have had a little too much of a good time. But what they hey, you only live once!

It was a sold out house last night, and hopefully the rest of the shows this weekend and next weekend will do just as well. I can't wait for everyone to see this show and I will be so sad when it's over. I have met so many wonderful people while working on this production and created some great memories. It still baffles me how so many funny, talented people there are in one place.

Thank god all of the actors are so talented, because some of the songs are so long. Good, but long. It takes a real man to stand on stage by himself and sing an 8 minute song and a real woman to sing the same song twice, but completely different. Don't believe me, well you just try it and see. Not as easy as it looks is it?


So, to the few people who actually read this blog and aren't in the show, you should take a few hours out of your busy evening and come see Carousel. I promise you won't regret it. From clambakes to carousels and everything in between, you're bound to have a good old time!

"Oh, God. It sounds like a clambake!" - Selma Blair in A Guy Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment